Friday, June 11, 2010

How Should I, As A Citizen, Respond to Globalization? Conclusion



Throughout this course we have focused on four main questions:
1.) To what extent should globalization shape identity?
2.) To what extent should contemporary society respond to the legacies of historical globalization?
3.) To what extent does globalization contribute to sustainable prosperity for all people?
4.) To what extent should I, as a citizen, respond to globalization?

This last question, "to what extent should I, as a citizen, respond to globalization?", is what this blog is all about. Throughout this course I have come to some conclusions about how I can respond to globalization.

There are many ways in which I can respond to globalization.
I can respond to globalization on a large scale, a small scale, or somewhere in between.

**I could respond to globalization by becoming a global citizen, a person who is aware of a wider world, respects and values diversity, is willing to act to help others, and accepts responsibility for their own actions. Someone who assumes responsibility for making globalization work in a way that benefits as many people as possible, in as many situations as possible. Someone who see's beyond the immediate.

Personally, I can already think of many ways in which I can respond to globalization, on many different levels.
1.) I could take a stand and stop shopping at stores that treat employees badly and don't pay them fair wages for their work.
2.) I could protest about subjects and issues that I feel strongly about.
3.) Once I am of age to legally vote, I can vote for the person who I personally think would run the country best.
4.) I can take other people and other countries into consideration when shopping, amongst other things.
5.) I can participate in the celebrations of other cultures.
6.) I can be an active citizen, active student, active consumer, etc.
7.) I can be aware of my environment and treat it with respect.
8.) I can encourage others to do these same things.

There are hundreds of ways that I can respond to globalization. I can respond on a large scale or small scale, individually or collectively; I can respond to an extent that satisfies and expresses my personal beliefs, ideas, opinions, and much more. I can respond by always remembering that the things I do can and will affect others, whether they are a mile away or a country away. I can respond to globalization by letting my voice be heard, and by setting an example for others to do the same.

This is how I, a student, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a citizen of my country, a citizen of the world, a woman, an individual, can respond to globalization.






** All definitions from the Exploring Globalization textbook

1 comment:

  1. Hi everyone, I am Adorjan Adelmo from Yasinya village Ukraine and I just want to say a very resounding thanks  to Pedro Financial loan services for their sincerity, Openness, Transparency, Truthfulness, Love and support during and after getting loan funds from them. I have been through a lot in the hands of in life and time won’t permit me to say all that I went through in the year of pandemic but God answered my prayers through the support and love from pedro Financial loan services who embraced me and understood me despite my initial doubt and unseriousness and with his good heart and love I am now a home owner through his 3% interest rate loan funds and I have vow to spread this news and also tell the world that there are still genuine and few good online loan firms out there that can assist and also revive a dry bone like I was.
    Don’t fail to listen and read this testimony because this is a true life changing experience and anyone that needs this kind of turn around should not hesitate or doubt this because I have proven and I swear to God in Heaven that this story is real and also the story of my experience with them .
    Contact them today for Consolidated loan, business loan, home loan, car loan, personal loan.

    Email:    pedroloanss@gmail.com
    Whats-App: +1-8632310632

    ReplyDelete