Monday, May 10, 2010

Introduction: How Should I, As A Citizen, Respond to Globalization?

Globalization. One of the many definitions for this word is "to become international or start operating at the international level, or cause something, especially a business or company, to become international" -- Encarta Dictionary

Globalization affects everyone, whether they know it or not. We are affected daily by globalization on economic, political, environmental levels, and more. Globalization is so incredibly huge that just by buying one bunch of bananas, we are taking part in it.

Citizenship. I am a citizen of my country. However, I am also a citizen of the world. Just because we have our own separate countries and cultures does not mean I am not a member of the world. I am a citizen of the world. Everyone is.

Globalization is a big topic. But how should I, as a citizen, respond to it?
Should I ignore the problems of the world? Or should I give my 2 cents in all matters?

No comments:

Post a Comment